CSIR-UGC NET Exam for Chemical Science stream is conducted by CSIR: –
CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) for Junior Research Fellowship and Lecturer-ship
SYLLABUS FOR CHEMICAL SCIENCES PAPER I AND PAPER II
- Basic principles and applications of quantum mechanics – hydrogen atom, angular momentum.
- Variational and perturbational methods.
- Basics of atomic structure, electronic configuration, shapes of orbitals, hydrogen atom spectra.
- Theoretical treatment of atomic structures and chemical bonding.
- Chemical applications of group theory.
- Basic principles and application of spectroscopy – rotational, vibrational, electronic, Raman, ESR, NMR.
- Chemical thermodynamics. 8. Phase equilibria.
- Statistical thermodynamics.
- Chemical equilibria.
- Electrochemistry – Nernst equation, electrode kinetics, electrical double layer, Debye-Hückel theory.
- Chemical kinetics – empirical rate laws, Arrhenius equation, theories of reaction rates, determination of reaction mechanisms, experimental techniques for fast reactions.
- Concepts of catalysis.
- Polymer chemistry. Molecular weights and their determinations. Kinetics of chain polymerization.
- Solids – structural classification of binary and ternary compounds, diffraction techniques, bonding, thermal, electrical and magnetic properties.
- Collids and surface phenomena.
- Data analysis.
- Chemical periodicity
- Structure and bonding in homo- and heteronuclear molecules, including shapes of molecules.
- Concepts of acids and bases.
- Chemistry of the main group elements and their compounds. Allotropy, synthesis, bonding and structure.
- Chemistry of transition elements and coordination compounds – bonding theories, spectral and magnetic properties, reaction mechanisms.
- Inner transition elements – spectral and magnetic properties, analytical applications.
- Organometallic compounds – synthesis, bonding and structure, and reactivity. Organometallics in homogenous catalysis.
- Cages and metal clusters.
- Analytical chemistry- separation techniques. Spectroscopic electro- and thermoanalytical methods.
- Bioinorganic chemistry – photosystems, porphyrines, metalloenzymes, oxygen transport, electron- transfer reactions, nitrogen fixation.
- Physical characterisation of inorganic compounds by IR, Raman, NMR, EPR, Mössbauer, UV-, NQR, MS, electron spectroscopy and microscopic techniques.
- Nuclear chemistry – nuclear reactions, fission and fusion, radio-analytical techniques and activation analysis.
- IUPAC nomenclature of organic compounds.
- Principles of stereochemistry, conformational analysis, isomerism and chirality.
- Reactive intermediates and organic reaction mechanisms.
- Concepts of aromaticity.
- Pericyclic reactions.
- Named reactions.
- Transformations and rearrangements.
- Principles and applications of organic photochemistry. Free radical reactions.
- Reactions involving nucleophotic carbon intermediates.
- Oxidation and reduction of functional groups.
- Common reagents (organic, inorganic and organometallic) in organic synthesis.\
- Chemistry of natural products such as steroids, alkaloids, terpenes, peptides, carbohydrates, nucleic acids and lipids.
- Selective organic transformations – chemoselectivity, regioselectivity, stereoselectivity, enantioselectivity. Protecting groups.
- Chemistry of aromatic and aliphatic heterocyclic compounds.
- Physical characterisation of organic compounds by IR, UV-, MS, and NMR.
- Chemistry in nanoscience and technology.
- Catalysis and green chemistry.
- Medicinal chemistry.
- Supramolecular chemistry.
- Environmental chemistry.
Click here to Downlode pdf
Disclaimer: This content is not created or owned by Ychem4U (India)
Supporting resources; https://csirhrdg.res.in/
Researcher | Thinker | Educator | Counsellor | Blogger | Author. "No US Polo T-Shirt, No Reebok Shoes, No Rolex Watch,.. I'm a Brand Myself...." I Like to say something about me, For me, Life is a mirror. So, simplicity and punctuality are my great strength. And I'm a self motivator to learn anything and flexible to adopt conditions on various levels. Well, what about myself, ability to learn things and at my them is my passion.